Get Organized. Save Money!
In this tough economy, it's now more important than ever to get organized. Whether you realize it or not, being disorganized leads to unnecessary spending. It's time to buckle down and create new habits and systems that will make your hard earned money go further so you can continue to live the life you want to live. Following is a list of things you can do to get organized and start saving money.
- Develop a bill paying system so you're never late on paying your bills, to avoid those nasty late fees.
- At the end of the day, place all of your loose change into a glass jar. Once it's full, take it to a Coinstar machine. Cash in your change for dollars, putting money back into your pocket.
- Clear the clutter and get rid of expensive storage units! Ask yourself if the stuff in there is really worth the cost of storing it? Think of self storage units as temporary storage only.
- Create a home for all of your belongings. You'll always know what you have and what you need to get, helping you to avoid purchasing duplicate items.
- Have a designated place to keep uncashed checks until you can get to the bank (i.e. an envelope in your purse). The same goes for gift cards and gift certificates. This will help you spend what you've already been given.
- Organize your cupboards, pantry, and fridge. Make your food items easily accessible and easy to view. You'll be more likely to use food before it goes bad or stale, saving you money.
How else can getting organized save you money?
- Keep receipts for big ticket items organized. Always know where to find them in case you need to return something or mail in a rebate.
Post a Comment